Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Scrapbooking Tip Butterfly ATC




1)I love these butterflies that I buy at Hobby Lobby, 6 for $1.99, and decided to make ATC cards with them.
2)I took them home and gathered supplies that I thought would work in a vintage style and would pertain to my theme "change". I cut ATCs in orange 2 3/8" x 3 1/2". It's important to cut off the extra 1/8" in order to get the butterflies in the sleeves.
3)The middle stamp has dots all over for a textural background. I used an old semi dry black ink pad and stamped all the cards. This gave them texture but the design recedes visually. I let it dry five minutes.
4) While the cards were drying I pulled the butterflies off their wires and  tried a of couple colors for background cards to reassure myself that orange cardstock had been the right choice. Orange was the best choice!
5)I used the stamp quote about change with black Versafine ink on top of the dotted background making sure I stamped in a haphazard manner. Next I ran the ink pad around the edges straight up and down and then at an angle on the edges in order to make the cards look vintage. I let them dry a few minutes.
6) While the cards were drying I picked out a stamp for the back where I would put the ATC information(my name, email address, date, and card numbers--1/12 etc.) I also inked the back edges the same as step 5.
7) I made sure I wrote the ATC information at this step.
8) Lastly I hot glued the butterflies on the cards and inserted them in clear ATC sleeves. Tada!

I hope you like the ATC cards. I also use these butterflies on scrapbook pages and cards. The company makes a pastel set that look beautiful for spring  and Asian projects.

1 comment: