Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Social Day with Sandy and a Little Scrapbooking

Sandy is my new friend in Arizona. She came and picked me up and showed me around Apache Junction. I now know where the shopping, the hospital, and, of course, a scrapbook store is!
The store was twice as big as ours and had an awesome class area. I hope they will still be in business when I come back. The manager said they were having a very hard time of it.

Sandy and I ate lunch at Olive Garden. She is a nurse for the VA and loves it. We had a wonderful time driving around. We ended up at her house where I met her husband who is very nice. We used the Cricut to cut things out. I didn't know how to use a Cricut so she showed me how. Denise is the expert on the Cricut at the store and I am the expert on the Xyron Wishblade so I had never used a Cricut.


This first photo is of the managers camp site where I am staying. They have a small scooter that their young granddaughter rides on for a couple hours a day. She loves the scooter and knows everybody in the park. It's very cute to watch outside my window.

The other picture is of my camper. It is a 1983 Winnebago Warrior. I bought if off EBay a few years ago and I still love it. I plan to come down every year from now on in January and February maybe longer if things go well.


This is the owl I cut out with the Cricut . I made him 10" tall. I don't have my scrapbooking supplies so I don't have a specific theme but I could use him for an outdoor hike, a zoo visit, or a Harry Potter page. If I were using it for a Harry Potter page I would add more of the orange gold colors their illustrations show especially around the eyes. Sandy had some small envelopes pre-made so I used them but it would really look better with larger envelopes or something that looked like a post card. I would also put names on them. If it was a zoo page I would put names of different kinds of owls. For a nature walk I would put owl names and then add at the bottom of the page info about that kind of owl. A Harry Potter page has all kinds of possibilities. If you were at a movie opening or in line to see the movie you could put the names of the friends you went to the movie with on the envelopes. For the Harry Potter page I would add a little brown and maybe use some glitter on him.
Well, that's all for now. I think I will go for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment