Thursday, February 18, 2010

Arizona Side Trip to the South


I'm getting my camper repaired in Phoenix. I had to leave the camper overnight so I decided to take a trip to southern Arizona. When I got into Tucson I visited the DeGrazia Art Studio. Here are some of my ideas I got from there.
Above is the entrance to the visiting artist studio. Karen is a mixed media artist. Check out her website at karengodfrey.net.
The flowers on the entry are made of metal and painted. I will print out this picture and use it as a post card and then I will use the card and family photos on a page where I make a post like in the photo around the top of the page. I will add my own hand made, painted flowers to match. I will enlarge and cut out cacti like in the lower right side of the picture. I will overlay the cacti in the lower right side.
With the photo above right I will also use it as a post card. I will use it like it is, sepia tone it, and enhance it on my computer so I have a lot of different post cards of the same photo. This photo is in the chapel of the DeGrazia Studios.
My goal for the scrapbook page or layout is to convey a sense of calm like you are walking into the real chapel. I will choose the cool calm blue of the sky for the background and I will shrink the back photo of the shrine so it is smaller and in the back of the layout. That way the movement of the other pictures will give a feeling of depth.
Try out these ideas and I will see you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Candy,

    I wondered where you were. Hope you are enjoying your travels. Miss our chats when I visited your store. How are your folks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete