Thursday, March 4, 2010

Little Black Buckets


I think this little art project came out cute. It was a bit of a challenge because of the curved surface but it just took patience.
I found this nice little bucket at Hobby Lobby. I used a Marvy Uchida white DecoColor(extra fine) Opaque Paint Marker.

1) I turned the bucket upside down and put my website on it.
2) I ran an edge along the bottom and the top and let dry.
3) I turned the bucket upside down again and made squiggles all around the top.
4) I put dots around the squiggles.
5) I turned the bucket right side up and started to paint a straight line around the raised area right under the squiggles. I made another line around the bucket under the other first line.
6) Next, I made up and down lines all around the bucket between the two lines.
7) I took masking tape and made a straight line around the base(see center photo). The tape will be rumpled, you just have to work with it. Use the tape as a guide to draw a straight line around the bucket.
8) I decided to make flowers all around the center of the bucket because I am in Phoenix where the cacti are blooming. I was pleased with the outcome.
9) I put rocks on the bottom of the pail. Just little shapes that vaguely resemble rocks--keeping it fun and easy.
10) Lastly, I put some bugs above the rocks.
This was a cute little thank you gift for my friend, Sandy, whose has been showing me around Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment