Friday, October 2, 2009

Hi everybody! This is my first post and I am very excited about it! Now I can tell you about new art ideas I get, new products for scrapbooking, and the "sweet life" I am developing for myself.
Denise King, my daughter and All About Scrapbooking partner, Michael Green, her boyfriend and awesome assistant, and I, Candy Worner are in Phoenix, Arizona, today, selling products to crafters at a Creating Keepsakes Convention.
We are working hard and are exhausted each night but still find time to check out the local eateries and shop. There is a giant Ikea here! We spent two hours there when we first got into town and want to go back before we leave. Their items are well priced, and practical. Their furniture is wonderful and very sturdy. I would be careful about buying cooking pans from them though. The pans are pretty cheaply made so you would probably burn food easy. I've been there and done that before! All in all I would say it is a "must visit" store for all us "born to shop" ladies.
As to the "Sweet Life", I bought an Apple laptop computer a couple of weeks ago so I can "talk" to everyone while we are on the road. I found out if you buy your Apple computer from the Apple store you can get free classes on how to use it for FREE! for a YEAR!. I sign up for three classes a week in order to get savvy, fast, so I can blog to you all.
I researched blogging by quizzing everybody I met for a couple weeks, went online and typed in blogging, and found a guy named Andy Wibbles, who had written a book on blogging so I went to Borders and purchased the book. It's was a quick read. I am following what he said to do and here I am blogging!
Eating is entertainment on the road, of course, so we went to lunch at Margaritaville. Michael loved his coconut shrimp. The display was beautiful with large golden shrimp all over the plate. Denise and I ate half sandwiches and cups of soup that were very good. If you ever have a chance to go to a Margaritaville restaurant go because the atmosphere has island based decor and has great music. I loved it!
It's time to get ready for the show. I'll let you know whats going on there.
Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment