Saturday, October 3, 2009

Scrapbook Sweet Life Moment

Yesterday we met over six hundred people! I gave out business cards, Denise demonstrated Ranger alcohol inks, and Michael was our cashier. While giving out cards I had what I call a "sweet life moment". I met a wonderful lady named Sandy Knight-McCleary. I had given a card to her--telling her our store was from out of Kansas City. Well, Sandy is originally from Kansas City in the vicinity of All About Scrapbooking! You all probably know by now that I have an old Winnebago Warrior camper and I love to camp. So I told Sandy I was looking for an area of the US to stay in this winter. She had just been looking for an RV park for a friend who is coming down to Phoenix this winter. She suggested Budget RV Park. If I came this winter we could be scrapbooking buddies. So now I am making plans to come back to Phoenix in January and stay until spring!
We have a Skinny Cow booth across the way that draws in anyone who comes to the convention. What luck! They give out free ice cream that is low cal and delicious. If you ever see it while shopping you should try it. People were coming by for seconds!
There is a scrapbook kit subscription service company here. What would you Kansas City scrapbookers think about joining a kit subscription service if we started one? I would appreciate your opinion on this.
I am going to look for new products and ideas for All About Scrapbooking today. Most people who came by the booth volunteer information that we had the newest and best booth. I felt really good about that. I'll be scouting at lunch anyway. You never know what could show up.
We went to Ikea again last night. It's a dangerous place! Denise and I both purchased items for organizing scrapbooking. Let me know if you want to know what we bought.
Off to the sweet life!


No comments:

Post a Comment