Monday, October 5, 2009

Scrapbook Synchronicity

I just have to tell you all about my Saturday at the CKC Phoenix Convention! I was passing out business cards as usual to passersby. I say, "We're All About Scrapbooking from Kansas City," and tell them about our store special. Well, a lady came by, I said my skit and she said, "I'm from Kansas City and my parents live close to your store," and then it started. We felt like friends from the start. I told her about my plans to spend a few winter months in Arizona in order to write a couple of books about scrapbooking and she said she had just done some research for a friend and had the perfect place for me to come and stay. Our conversation continued, we had even more in common, of course, one was scrapbooking, and felt like bosom buddies when we parted. As I talked to more women throughout the day they would give me their card and tell me we could get together when I get in town! I now have eight scrapbooking friends when I get to my new winter digs in Apache Junction, Arizona. When I get the address I will blog it and any scrapbookers who are out my way are welcome to come visit.
Denise will still be at the store running it. We are in the process of video taping Denise doing demos. We intend to put them on our website as pod casts for free. We are also redoing our online store so check it out. Both of us will have a blog you can check out.
I will be at the store all day Tuesday and Denise will be back Wednesday. She and Michael are driving back from Arizona with the U-Haul trailer. They stopped by the Grand Canyon to see it and passed through Sedona, too.
CKC in Kansas City is very soon so stop by at lunch or whenever you get tired at the convention. We love to see you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment